Review: Sigma Mr. Bunny Essential Brush Kit, Sigma F80 & MyQty.com

Since purchasing these Sigma brushes I feel as though any joy I felt from using other brushes was a lie.




Since purchasing these Sigma brushes I feel as though any joy I felt from using other brushes was a lie.
My previous brush-history involved the likes of real techniques (also are great brushes - particularly the blush and eyebrow brushes), manicare and revlon; basically nothing that cost me more than $10 AUD per brush. I'd been considering getting one or two sigma brushes for a while but couldn't justify the price with the hefty shipping costs and the fact that I hate waiting over a week for a product to arrive. This was until I stumbled across MyQty.com. After much umming and arring over which brushes I wanted I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the full Mr Bunny set, which turned out to be the best decision I could have made.

Shipping and the MyQty Service
Overall I am absolutely impressed with the service MyQty offered. I purchased the 12 piece set on a Wednesday and received them the following Monday via regular post which I got for free as my total was more than $100. Considering the area I live in is deemed "rural" our post can often be a day or two slow so I was very impressed with the speed of the postage. So much so that it prompted me to purchase the sigma F80 brush the next day. Because the F80 was under $100 I had the option of paying $5 for regular shipping or $7 for express - naturally I chose express. The brush was posted the same day that I purchased it and I received it the very next day. Incredibly quick!

Because I spent over $50 in the first order I was eligible to to use the code SPEND50 and recieved 5% off my order. I was also very impressed as MyQty sneakily included a free travel sized pink E05 eyeliner brush which was a great surprise!

Mr Bunny Black Essential Kit


I chose this kit over the regular kits for three reasons: one, it is vegan, two, I love that the brush hairs match and three, I love that it comes in a leather look case. The kit includes 12 brushes - the E05, E30, E40, E55, E60, E65, E70, F30, F40, F50 F60 and F70, all of which are synthetic and vegan friendly. I washed all of my brushes before I first used them and have washed them again once more and have only experienced the loss of one hair from my large powder brush - which I was expecting. All brushes are weighted nicely and have shiny black handles, making them look very sleek. They came packaged individually and arrived in a super cute black and white sigma box.
Below are more detailed descriptions of each brush.

F30 - Large Powder Brush
This brush is huge, and I seriously mean huge. It is also ridiculously soft. Being so huge this brush is absolutely perfect for powdering my whole face and works very well with both my pressed and loose powders. Definitely a favourite.

F40 - Large Angled Contour Brush
I had been lusting after this brush for a long long time and it was the whole reason I wanted to buy sigma brushes. It is incredibly soft and is perfectly angled for contouring. It blends bronzer effortlessly and perfectly. Definitely a must have for contouring.

F50 - Duo Fibre Brush
This is the face brush that I am the most "meh" about. It works incredibly well for cream blush but it is not dense enough for foundation - unless you like your foundation streaky and light. Although I am glad this came in the set it is not a brush I would purchase separately.

F60 - Foundation Brush
 Of all the brushes in the kit this was the one that excited me the least. I've used these types of foundations before and fount they made me feel as though I was actually painting my face. This one on the other hand has now become one of my most used brushes. I use this for applying foundation to areas that need a fuller coverage - such as my chin, as it really allows me to pack it on. If you like these types of foundation brushes this is one that I would recommend you add to your collection.

F70 - Concealer Brush
This brush is perfect for exactly what it is supposed to do - apply and blend out concealer. I use this brush to conceal any redness around my nose as it blend the product in flawlessly without making it look heavy and cakey. A great concealer brush.

EO5 - Eyeliner Brush
Although I have this in both the regular size and the free pink travel size I have only used the regular one once. I rarely use gel eyeliner and instead use a liquid pencil which doesn't require a separate brush. However, on the single use I was very impressed with the application and look forward to experimenting with more gel eyeliner in the future.

E30 - Pencil Brush
I use this brush for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes. Its fine tip makes it very precise and it picks up product easily.

E40 - Tapered Blending Brush
This brush is definitely my favourite eye shadow brush. It blends my eye shadow out like a dream instead of muddying colours together like previous brushes I have tried. This is an incredibly handy brush that I think I will purchase more of. I definitely recommend it to anyone needing a new blending brush.

E55 - Eye Shading Brush
This brush is perfect for patting colour onto the centre and outer half of my eyelid. It packs colour on smoothly and evenly and is not at all scratchy like some cheaper brushes can be.

E60 - Large Shader Brush
This brush is perfect for cream eyeshadows. It allows you to cover the entire eyelid and applies product evenly, without you having to scrape it off the brush. I would definitely recommend this to any cream eyeshadow fans.

E65 - Small Angle Brush
I use this brush to pack black eye shadow down along my lash line and over liquid eyeliner for a softer look. It is dense and precise making it ridiculously easy to use. A wonderful addition to the kit.

E70 - Medium Angled Shading Brush
This brush is perfect for applying colour to the outer corner and crease. It applies it evenly and blends it out smoothly. This is another of my favourite eye brushes.

Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush
This brush applies foundation like no other. It blends it out smoothly, without amplifying pores and making facial hair obvious. When used properly it makes foundation flawless and streak free. It is incredibly dense, but not too dense, and is also super soft to the touch. If you are in the market for a good foundation brush you definitely can't go wrong with this one.


Overall, the Mr Bunny Essential Kit cost me $156 with the discount and free postage from the MyQty website, which I consider to be very reasonable for the quality. I would definitely recommend both the Mr Bunny Essential Kit and the F80 brush to anyone looking to expand or upgrade their brush set.

Let me know in the comments below if you have any must have sigma, or even non-sigma brushes that you recommend. I love an excuse to buy and try a new product.

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images