Review - Irresistible Me Hair Extensions

I've always been a little jealous of girls (and guys) with thick, long hair who are able to create messy buns, intricate braids and...



I've always been a little jealous of girls (and guys) with thick, long hair who are able to create messy buns, intricate braids and voluminous curls. Although my hair does grow to decent lengths, it is fine and rather thin, meaning that longer hair generally looks a little sad on me. 

I've always toyed with the idea of getting hair extensions - researching various brands online and watching youtube videos - but have always reached the same conclusion that I won't have enough hair to hide them and wouldn't be able to use them. When Irresistible Me contacted me asking if I wanted to try some of their products I figured that it would be the perfect way to see what it was like to have thicker hair and that I could share my findings with all of you.



The Packaging:

The little black box that the extensions arrived in

The hair extensions arrived at my door from China around 4 days after they were sent out - so super speedy delivery. They arrived in a sleek black box which tastefully displayed the company logo. The extensions themselves come packaged in two separate zip-lock compartments - one with a few pieces to try to test colour and length, and the other with the bulk amount of the hair.


The smaller section on the right allows you to try the extensions to test the colour before opening the main section

Irresistible me recommend you try the smaller compartment first to make sure you are happy with the extensions, as opening the larger compartment voids returns. The packaging also comes with extra clips, incase any stitching comes loose or you feel that you would like an extra clip here or there.



The extensions:




The extensions that I ordered were the silky touch extensions, in the shade platinum blonde. Having finer hair, I ordered 140g of the 18 inches, however there are other weight options if you are wanting more.

Upon first impressions the hair extensions appeared to be a perfect match for the top of my hair. My underneath was a little darker as I don't usually colour it, however it was not too far off and blended out once clipped in. The extensions themselves are very soft and silky which is no surprise considering that Irresistible Me extensions are 100% remy human hair (this means that they are the highest grade of real, human hair).

I find that the 140g of hair I received is more than enough to cover my whole head and I often don't even need to use all of the pieces. However, the set that I received comes with the following pieces;
five pieces with two clips
Two pieces with one clip
Two pieces with three clips
One piece with 4 clips.

I would insert step by step instructions on how I put the extensions in, however I am definitely no expert so would highly recommend youtube videos for guidance (do feel free to comment below though if you would like more details, I will happily elaborate for you).


Overall thoughts:

Wearing the extensions (note that the colour matches better in real life but until I purchase a better camera this is the best my iphone can do)


Overall, if you are wanting to try hair extensions to give yourself fuller, longer hair then I would definitely recommend these.

They are very natural looking and are comfortable for clip in extensions (I don't find any hair extensions to be super comfortable). They clip in and out easily and are perfect if you want longer hair for special occasions. I also found the extensions easy to style - they curled better than my natural hair, and only shed a tiny bit when brushed for the first time.
I do have to say though that I cut my hair into a blunt lob recently and can't seem to make them work for me length-wise anymore (my natural hair is just too short so it is too much of a difference). Because of this I plan on just cutting two of the two-clip pieces to match my current hair, so that I can use them for volume instead until I grow my hair out a little more again.

If you are interested in trying out the extensions you can check out the various options or purchase the Irresistible Me clip-in human hair extensions here.

As always if you have any questions or opinions then please feel free to leave a commend below!

El xo


Although these extensions were sent to me by Irresistible me all thoughts and opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images