Review: Michael Todd True Organics

For the past few months I have been having a lot of problems with my skin. I have only ever had the occasional pimple but for some reason a...

For the past few months I have been having a lot of problems with my skin. I have only ever had the occasional pimple but for some reason around three months ago my skin decided to spit it. I suddenly went from getting one pimple every now and then to constantly having more than 10 on my face at one time. It was a huge confidence drainer and I tried many drugstore skincare products to try to combat the problem. It was around this time that people started to talk about Michael Todd Organics and the amazing results they were getting, so I decided to give it a go too.


From Left: Discovery kit Jojoba Scrub, full sized Citrus Cream Moisturiser, Walnut, Grapefruit Scrub, Honey and Oat Cleanser, full Sized Blue Green Algae Toner, discovery kit Citrus Cream Moisturiser, full sized Charcoal Detox Cleanser, full sized Tropical Fruit Scrub, discovery kit Pumpkin Facial Mask and discovery kit Blue Green Algae Toner.

I am so in love with this skin care range. $130 later and my skin is pretty much back to being break out free.
I started off by getting the normal skin discovery kit and noticed results over night. I woke up with no new breakouts and the ones that I did have had started to heal. Although I did love the normal skin discovery kit when I purchased full sized products I decided to change it up a bit. Here is a more detailed review of each product:

Honey and Oat Cleanser: This was the first Michael Todd product that I tried. For me, this cleanser was good but maybe slightly too gentle. Although it worked I honestly could not stand the smell (I cannot stand the smell of artificial honey - real honey, yes, artificial honey, no) and because of this I decided that I would not repurchase this product. I would recommend it as a starter for those who have more sensitive skin.

Charcoal Detox Cleanser: I absolutely adore this cleanser. I usually have sensitive skin so was hesitant to try it, but because I could not get past the smell of the honey and oat cleanser I decided to just give it a shot. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling ridiculously clean. I have quite normal skin which can be both acne prone and dry and this product works perfectly for me. It does not leave my skin with that tight feeling afterwards but instead leaves it feeling super soft.

Jojoba Charcoal Scrub: This scrub is okay, thats all I really have to say about it. It worked well for the two weeks that I used it but I found that it wasn't really abrasive enough for my liking. The exfoliating beads in it are super fine and so I don't really feel as though it does enough exfoliating. I would recommend this to anyone that has more severe acne or very sensitive skin.

Tropical Fruit Enzyme Scrub: This scrub is hands down incredible. I purchased this solely based on the reviews about its smell. It smells absolutely amazing. Not too overpowering, but good enough that I look forward to exfoliating my face. Unlike the jojoba charcoal scrub this one is a lot more abrasive and I feel like it really does remove the dead skin and dirt off my face. As a result it leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling delicious. I would definitely repurchase this product.

Blue Green Algae Toner: All I can say about this product is wow. This would have to be my hands down favourite Michael Todd product. It makes my skin feel beyond clean and leaves it feeling firm but not too tight like I need to rush to moisturise my face. It smells very clean and antibacterial, so I actually feel like I am removing any bacteria left of my face when I use this. It does not cause me to break out in a rash (almost every toner I have tried seems to do that) so is perfect for my slightly sensitive skin. 

Citrus Cream Moisturiser: This moisturiser is great. It smells fresh and clean and absorbs into the skin quickly without leaving it looking greasy. It has a light citrus scent which isn't too over powering and the product itself feels quite thin to the touch. I do find myself still reaching for my cetaphil moisturiser of a night for a little extra hydration, but this is perfect for during the day.

Pumpkin Facial Mask: All I can say about this product is I really wish it didn't work so well. The actual product itself works amazingly on my skin and I really like the way that it tingles when I put it on. However, the smell and look of this product is absolutely awful. I honestly feel as though I am rubbing baby food/poo all over my face. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't care about the smell of what they put on their face.

Walnut Grapefruit Scrub: This is the one Michael Todd product I am not overly impressed with. This was sent to me as a free gift with purchase and honestly it is quite average. I understand that it is more a body polisher than an exfoliator as such but I don't find it really does anything for my skin. It smells really average, almost bad and comes out as a runny brown liquid. As a result you need a fair bit of product to cover your whole body as I usually find it runs all through the shower before I can put onto myself. I would not repurchase this with my own money.

The customer service of Michael Todd is phenomenal. Both the toner and the cleanser from my discovery kit had leaked when I received them so I sent an email to customer service and explained the issue. They replied an hour later and told me they had sent me replacement products and apologised. When I purchased the full sized products I was meant to receive the walnut grapefruit scrub, however this was missing from my package. Once again I email them and received a reply the same day telling me they were sorry and that they had sent the scrub to me. Very impressive customer service!

Overall I really do love the Michael Todd True Organics range and am really impressed by the quality. Although they aren't cheap I definitely think they are worth it and would recommend them to anyone looking for a new skin care regimen. Let me know what your opinions are on any Michael Todd products you have tried and let me know if there is anything else I should try!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hi! I am happy to have read all your reviews about Michael Todd's products. Such a great post you have. Worth reading. I have tried using the Detox Cleanser and never been disappointed of its results. I am a happy organic user now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy it from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the Michael Todd website. If you search for Michael Todd True organics the website should come up!

      Delete

Flickr Images