Review - Sunday Riley Artemis Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil

"Complexion-balancing bland of clarifying, toning, detoxifying oils for a clean and healthy 'glow from within."


"Complexion-balancing bland of clarifying, toning, detoxifying oils for a clean and healthy 'glow from within."


As the months have been getting colder in preparation for the Tasmanian winter my skin has been constantly changing. One morning my face is dry and flakey and the next an oil slick. I have been blessed with a constant chin full of blemishes and as a result have been on a search for a holy grail face product to calm them and even out my skin whilst still giving me a healthy glow.

For months I deliberated getting a Sunday Riley facial oil, being put off by the hefty price tag and the fact that I couldn't try it before buying in Tassie. I uhm-ed and ah-ed about which one to get before settling upon Artemis after a recommendation from a sales assistant at Mecca. Needless to say I have not at all been disappointed with the purchase.

The Artemis Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil contains 7 key ingredients; lemon ironbark essential oil, lemon myrtle essential oil, pink grapefruit essential oil, pomegranate seed oil, black cumin seed oil, milk thistle seed oil and flax seed oil. Together these ingredients claim to sooth irritations and inflammation, soften roughness, fight toxins, retain skins moisture, and balance and purify oily skin.



Artemis is a yellow serum ultimately designed to to balance the complexion whilst still toning and clarifying. It is lemon scented, which to me smells just like a lemonade icy-pole. The texture of the oil is different to those that I have previously tried, it is thick and slightly sticky, but still absorbs into my face reasonably quickly.  I use it both morning and night before moisturiser - waking up with visibly smoother skin that feels soft and plump.

Although I haven't been using the oil for an overly long time I do feel that it has helped to clear up my blemishes (I am very prone to breakouts on my chin) and is beginning to help fade my hyper-pigmentation scars.  It also leaves my skin looking glowy, but not greasy.


Overall:

Pros: Makes your skin feel plump and smooth, clears up blemishes, evens out skin tone and smells amazing.

Cons: Hefty price tags - retails for $105 at Mecca Cosmetica, not easily accessible to sample in Tasmania.

Would I Recommend it: If you have congested or blemish prone skin or would like a product to smooth and detoxify I would definitely recommend trying to get a sample. I would, however, recommend talking to one of the wonderful Mecca employees to see which oil would best suit your skin tone as what works for me might not work for everyone.

If you live in Australia you can purchase Sunday Riley products here.


Have you tried any of the Sunday Riley skincare range? Feel free to ask me any questions and let me know if you have any other recommendations from the brand.


El xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images