Current Skincare Routines - Morning and Night

Earlier today I was reading back through my previous posts and chuckling to myself about the fact that I used to have dry skin - boy ha...



Earlier today I was reading back through my previous posts and chuckling to myself about the fact that I used to have dry skin - boy has that changed. Progressively in the past month or so my skin has made the change from dry and acne ridden to oily and clear and I have no idea why. As a result, although my skin care routine still focuses on blemish control I have had to make a shift towards products that are more appropriate for my now oily skin. The products shown above are the ones that I use on an almost daily (some weekly) basis and are products that I believe are helping my skin.


Morning Routine
My morning skin care routine is something that I have got down to only a few items - a cleanser (and cleansing brush), exfoliator (once every 2-3 days), toner, moisturiser and tea tree lotion. As mentioned in my Michael Todd review a while back I have been loving the Michael Todd Charcoal Detox cleanser. I find that it really works for my skin, especially when I use it with my olay cleansing brush (clarisonic dupe). Every two to three days I also bring my Michael Todd Tropical Fruit enzyme exfoliant into my routine. I use this in the shower directly after I cleanse and find that it makes my skin feel smooth and soft. After finishing my Michael Todd toner I had high expectations, but the body shop tea tree toner certainly does not disappoint. After I have toned I use the body shop's seaweed mattifying day cream. I absolutely love this moisturiser. It is lightly scented and has a gel like consistency which melts into the skin and dries matte very quickly. Finally, right before I apply my makeup I use the body shop tea tree pore minimiser. This product claims to minimise pores, prolong makeup wear, prevent blemishes and mattify skin. Although I do not think it minimises pores I do feel like this product makes my skin feel fresher and definitely helps to mattify it.

Night-time Routine
Generally, my night time routine follows my morning routine, minus the exfoliator and with the addition of a few extra products. Usually at night, when I have worn minimal makeup during the day I like to use the swisspers spa pomegranate facial wipes to remove my face makeup. These are definitely the best makeup wipes that I have ever tried. They are moist and soft plus they also smell great and are pink. On days that I have worn a full face of makeup, I instead use the formula 10.0.6 cleanser to wipe my face makeup off. For my eye makeup I have started using the nivea gentle eye makeup remover. This works well and even removes my stubborn they're real mascara from my eyes. About three times a week, after I have cleansed and toned, I use the Skinvitals A-whiten cloth face masks. However, I do not use these as actual masks. As they are so moist I instead use these as a serum instead and just rub the liquid into my skin to help with my hyper pigmentation - they actually work really well. Finally, before I moisturise and apply my Lancome genifique yeux eyecream I like to apply my Ego azclear medicated acne lotion. I find this stuff has really helped prevent breakouts, even hormonal ones so I am very impressed!

What are your must have skin care products? Let me know in the comments below as I am always eager to try new things out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images