Current Makeup Favourites

I originally wanted to do a monthly favourites post but after too much procrastination I missed the opportunity. Instead, I decided to just...

I originally wanted to do a monthly favourites post but after too much procrastination I missed the opportunity. Instead, I decided to just go with my current favourites. 


From left: Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes mascara, Lancôme Blush Subtil in rose sable, Revlon Lip Butter in strawberry shortcake, Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in noir, MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in lightscapade, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in inked in pink, Nivea Lip butter in vanilla and macadamia and Too Faced full bloom blush in sweet pink.



Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation: This foundation has been my holy grail foundation for the last 6 months or so. On days that I wear a full face of make up I find that this gives me the perfect finish and lasts for a reasonable amount of time.

Lancôme Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara: So far this is the best mascara that I have used. It separates, lengthens, holds a slight curl in my lashes (I am yet to find a mascara that holds my eyelashes curled properly for more than an hour) and does not clump. It also smells amazing which is an added bonus. I am however on the hunt for another mascara that will wow me even more.

Lancôme Blush Subtil in Rose Sable: This is my go to day-time blush. It is a warm rosy pink colour with the tiniest hint of peach and a slight iridescent shimmer. Its only fault is that I do find that I have to use a light hand when I apply it as it is very pigmented and can easily make me look embarrassed.

Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake: When I first purchased this lip butter I absolutely hated it. I was on the hunt for a pale pink lipstick that didn't make me look sick and picked this up as I love the revlon lip butters. When I first started using this I found that it was quite clumpy and would settle into all of the fine lines on my lips. As a result I put it away for a few months. It wasn't until a month or so ago that I decided to try it again. This time I loved it. I have no idea what I am doing differently but it now seems to glide on smoothly and does not settle. I honestly have no idea why but I am not complaining!

Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in Noir: This kohl pencil is perfect for lining my top lash line. It has the smallest point I have ever experienced in an eye liner which makes it easy to be precise. The only downside to it is that it does have the tendency to smudge during the day if I am not careful.

MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Lightscapade: This product was bought for me by my wonderful friend Lauren. I would probably have to say that this is my favourite product of all. I was lusting after soft and gentle for months but was disappointed when I swatched it as it was far too glittery. Lightscapade on the other hand leaves me with an amazing shimmery, not glittery highlight. The product itself also looks absolutely gorgeous in the pan. This is definitely a must have.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Inked in Pink: I am slightly late on the colour tattoo train as this is the first one I have tried. I was always so turned off by the fact that the testers were so dried up and all of the wearable colours were usually sold out. It wasn't until the metal collection was released in Australia that I actually decided to give them a fair go. Boy, had I been missing out. Inked in pink is the perfect subtle shimmery pink colour for every-day wear. It goes on smoothly, does not crease and is perfect to quickly put on in the morning if you are in a rush.

Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla and Macadamia: When I first saw these on youtube I knew instantly that I had to have some. They are super hydrating, smell incredible and are perfect for just throwing in a handbag.

Too Faced Full Bloom Blush in Sweet Pink: This was another gift from my friend Lauren (she buys me the best makeup products). It is a stunning cool toned pink blush with tiny pieces of glitter through it. I find that this is perfect for wearing out at night time as the glitter provides an amazing highlight without making you look like a glitter-ball.

So there you have it, my current favourite products! Although I do have many other products that I love these were the definite stand outs! Let me know your current favourites, I am always wanting to try out new things and would love some suggestions!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images